Monday, December 30, 2013

Keep My Mind Lawd!

Philippians 4:8
“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”
So the question arises…how do I keep my mind clear? How do I keep my mind from wandering into a dark place? Well ladies, in the above scripture, you have your answer. If any thought comes to our minds and is opposite of what is being said in Philippians 4:8, then we immediately have to kick it to the curb aka THROW IT OUT! Example: A woman that I know has been talking about me behind my back and it becomes exposed. My first thought would be to start talking bad about her in my head maybe even plots of revenge of confrontation may pop up. Then all day my mind is focused on the issue and how bad of a person that woman is…how she wronged me. Where is Jesus in all of that? Instead of allowing hatred to build up I need to immediately change my mind set.  Instead of getting mad..I can start to say “Thank you Jesus!” and think about the scripture in Matthew 5:11-12 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.  Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.” Ohh thank you Jesus Thank you! And because the Word of God is pure, it is important that we read know the scriptures so that we may be able to have them in our hearts and minds to meditate and think on. If thought come to your head about you being ugly or unworthy, you can dismiss that thought and start thinking about the scripture in Psalms 139:14 “I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.” Whoo, thank you Jesus all over again. Ladies, there is a scripture for us to think upon for every negative thought…we have the power and authority which has been given to us by Jesus Christ in order to counteract everything that is unlike Him which is His Word. Well, it was nice having coffee with you ladies once again and I hope I was able to help out a little bit. Love ya’ll…talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment